Spectacular stately house situated just outside of Flaça, small town in the region of Girones about 20 km from the city of Girona and its airport.
The house is part of a very exclusive and unique architectural set, that has its origin in the late fifteenth century when Emperor Charles V granted the title of nobility to the family who built this magnificent property.
Besides the main house of 3,200 m2 plus porches and terraces, the estate has other buildings like the butler house, all located in a great plot of 40 hectares of forest with some culture field.
The house was built in several stages. The southern part is the original body of the house. There we find the fortified tower of square structure, reminiscent of medieval castles. At the north end of the house there is a second circular shaped tower built in the late nineteenth century in the likeness of the towers of the castle of Peralada.
The house was completely restored in the early twentieth century by the architect Rafael Maso, one of the most renowned Catalan architects of that era.
Insaide the house we can observe the noble and stately character of the building, with large and spacious rooms with high vaulted ceilings, elaborate furnishings and decor, and stylish finishes, all framed in the sobriety of the major Catalan farms.
As a curiosity, tradition says that Blessed Bonaventura Gran (1620-1684) stayen in the house before his move to Rome.
The main house is divided into three levels as follows:
On the ground floor:
- In its center, occupying a privileged place in the house, a majestic chapel from 1718 is placed. The chapel is dedicated to Virgen del Carmen and features altar, spectacular baroque altarpiece and coffered ceiling.
- Several dining rooms for staff and large kitchen with working fireplace and furnace.
- Extensive cellar divided into two zones.
- Horse stables with impressive vaulted stone ceiling.
- Seven different stables for livestock.
- Great warehouse to farm implements, carriages, etc.
On the first floor are located:
- Four double bedrooms, all situated around a large living.
- Two bathrooms.
- Ironing room with access to patio.
- Living room with fireplace.
- Dining area from where you can access to the main dining room with fireplace and exit to a large terrace.
- Two kitchens.
The second level consists of four bedrooms and one bathroom. We also find five rooms formerly used for drying grain and fodder. From one of these rooms you reach the round tower, through an internal staircase. From its upper you can benefit of the magnificent views over the woods surrounding this magnificent property.
No doubt we are facing a unique and unrepeatable opportunity to buy a property with real historical value.