Exclusive property for sale located near the charming medieval village of Sant Marti Vell, in the region of El Gironès, 15 minutes drive from the city of Girona and 30 km from the beaches of the Costa Brava.
This unique estate of over 20 hectares, with its two magnificent stone farmhouses and splendid garden with pool is, undoubtedly, one of the most beautiful and distinguished properties in the area.
The estate is located in the countryside, in an environment of special beauty that is part of Les Gavarres massif and has great privacy thanks to the forest of pines, oaks and cork trees that surrounds it.
The property consists of the main Masía and a second country house. Features a beautiful garden with grass and vegetation where the 10x5 meter pool surrounded by pavement tiles and solarium area is located.
The MAIN MASIA dates from 1832 and is a spectacular stone house of 600 m2 which has been partially renovated keeping all the characteristics of Catalan farmhouses: stone walls, stone arches, Catalan tuff flooring, etc.
The house is on two floors plus garret room as follows:
On the ground floor are:
- Entrance hall with stone arch
- Cozy library lounge with fireplace
- Large fully equipped kitchen, opening onto a patio with summer dining, barbecue area and stone oven
- The kitchen also accesses a spectacular dining room with ceiling and stone walls, with capacity for 24 diners.
- Large living room with vaulted ceiling
- One double bedroom
- Laundry area
The upper floor is accessed via a staircase with steps that remain from the time when the farmhouse was built. On this floor are located:
- Spectacular lounge with imposing fireplace and terrace.
- Master suite with dressing room and private bathroom with shower and tub
- Three bedrooms, one with en-suite bathroom
- One additional bathroom
In the garret there are two bedrooms, one bathroom and lounge.
The SECOND MASIA of 350 m2 is a beautiful stone building that was originally the old barn. The house has been carefully restored in 2014 by combining the high ceilings with a sitting open plan area and spectacular entrance from where you can see the two plants of the house.
The ground floor consists of:
- Living room with fireplace
- Modern kitchen with dining area open to living. The kitchen accesses to a patio where we find a great table for 23 diners and barbecue area
- Two double bedrooms sharing one bathroom
- Laundry area
We climb to the top floor via a beautiful staircase with wrought iron railing, and we stand at a mezzanine level where a living room with fireplace, an extensive library and a magnificent terrace overlooking "Les Gavarres" are located. On this floor we also find a master suite consisting of: bedroom with fireplace and beamed wood painted ceiling, bathroom with hydromassage shower and terrace with panoramic view over the garden and pool. Attached to the suite is a double room, ideal for children.
The property is equipped with heating radiators in the main Masía and underfloor heating in the second Masía. Solar panels for hot water. Automatic watering in the garden with water supply via two wells. Also has a workshop located in an additional building.