Wonderful property located in a privileged area of the center of Baix Empordà region, formed by two spectacular fully renovated stone houses from the 17th century, both located on a plot of 500 m2 with private garden and pool, all in a charming medieval village near the cities of La Bisbal d'Empordà and Cruilles, only 25 km from the beaches of the Costa Brava and about 30 min from the city of Girona.
The property stands out both for its uniqueness and for its excellent location in a central and quiet area of ??the old town.
The property is part of the town's history, since the two houses were built on the site and with the materials of an old stone house, being the current walls an extension of the walls from 12th and 13th century that surrounded the old town.
The property has a nice and well-kept garden that also serves to separate the 2 houses, which are completely independent, with separate entrances.
In the garden, with well-consolidated grass, flowers and trees, we find a Roman pool-style pool, that enjoys beautiful views of the majestic Romanesque church of the 18th century and its bell tower.
In the garden we also find a splendid stone barbecue area.
The rehabilitation of the property was carried out with special care so that all the distinctive features of the old Catalan rural houses could be maintained, such as exposed stone walls, Catalan tuff floors, vaulted ceilings, etc.
As additional architectural details should be noted the preservation of some Roman remains and the magnificent handmade decorative stained glass windows.
This is a unique and captivating property, ideal for those looking for a rustic property with historical significance in a quiet corner of Baix Empordà.
The property has two independent houses: main house of 589 m2 and guest house of 150 m2
The Main House is distributed over three floors as follows:
The ground floor, with access to the garden, consists of:
- Large entrance hall, with spectacular double-crossed arch roof
- Room with office area
- Room for laundry and ironing
- Impressive cellar, with remarkable area to store wines, arched roof and exposed stone walls. It has a wooden bar and an old water well in operation that, crossing this plant, reaches the upper level.
- Workshop room, with bathroom with shower and exit to the garden and pool
The first floor has a splendid and extensive 45 m2 porch with exposed wooden beamed ceilings and access to the garden through an external staircase. On this floor we also find:
- Pleasant living room with fireplace, stone walls and double crossed arch ceiling, with fan
- Large distribution room, typical of Catalan country houses, currently intended for dining room with table for 10 people, with balcony and exit to the porch
- Large kitchen with breakfast table and large fireplace. To highlight its exposed stone walls and ceilings with wooden beams
- Double bedroom with fitted wardrobes
- Single room
- Beautiful bathroom with stone walls and original wooden countertop with two sinks embedded.
The second floor has:
- Distributor hall
- Spacious bedroom suite with fireplace, fitted wardrobes, air conditioning and bathroom with shower
- Double bedroom with fireplace, air conditioning and bathroom with shower
- Great room with dressing
The house is equipped with heating radiators with gas boiler, air conditioning in some rooms, Catalan tuff floors, several entrances, working well that supplies water for irrigation of the garden and for the pool.
The Guest House, completely independent and with separate entrance, consists of 3 floors that are distributed as follows:
- The ground floor is a great hall with ceilings in "Catalan volta" and majestic stone walls approximately 40 cm thick that are part of the old wall. In this level there is also a cellar
- The first floor has a living room with fireplace and a large kitchen with dining room.
- The second floor consists of two double bedrooms, both with fitted wardrobes and air conditioning, and one bathroom to share.
- The last floor is a large sun terrace with spectacular views of the church, the bell tower and the entire medieval area