Spectacular nineteenth century luxury manor house beautifully restored located in the center of the charming village of Begur, one of the most beautiful towns of Baix Empordà and Costa Brava.
This is a very exclusive property noted for its extraordinary beauty and for being located in a quiet area of Begur, just a few steps from the center, its shops and restaurants, and just a few minutes drive from the beaches of Sa Riera, Aiguablava and Sa Tuna.
The villa, with a total built area of 898 m2, consists of two rustic Catalan mansion of XIX century, both joined together to create an extraordinary manor house of 594 m2 to which, in the late 90s, 304 m2 of new construction were added.
The original houses were carefully restored preserving its main features and adding some elements of value, thus giving rise to a magnificent mansion with stone lintels on some windows and doors, high ceilings with wooden beams, stone walls, vaulted ceilings, Catalan tuff flooring, etc., elements which, together with an exquisite decoration with selected antique pieces, give this house its nature of very exclusive manor house.
The house is located in an plot of 1,425 m2, has access from two different streets and features a garden with lawn and pool.
The house is divided into three levels as follows:
The main floor is accessed by one of the two entrances from the street. There we find:
- Spacious entrance hall with vaulted ceiling, from where you can access the kitchen, one of the lounges or on the top floor.
- From the hall, through an imposing stone arch, we enter in a large living room with fireplace and direct access to two terraces, both overlooking the garden and pool, one fitted out as summer living, and the other, with dining area, is also accessible from the kitchen.
- Impressive living room provided with two majestic stone arches, high ceilings with wooden beams and superb stone fireplace. This is a truly spectacular and very bright room thanks to the excellent natural light supplied by the large windows existing on one side of the lounge.
- Modern kitchen located in a spacious room with vaulted ceiling. The kitchen is fully equipped with high-end appliances, has separate dining area and features direct access to the terrace, the dining room and entrance hall.
- Master suite with large bedroom and living area with fireplace, terrace overlooking the garden and pool, bathroom with whirlpool tub and separate shower, dressing room and kitchenette.
The first floor is accessed from the entrance hall by an internal staircase. There are:
- Bedroom suite with fireplace, private bathroom and access to a magnificent terrace with beautiful panoramic views.
- Three double bedrooms
- One bathroom.
The ground floor is at the same level as the garden and pool and comprises:
- Generously sized room with direct access to the garden. The room is equipped with an open kitchen with barbecue and dining table, making it a very practical summer stay given its easy access to the garden and pool.
- Covered terrace
- Room for service staff with bedroom and bathroom
- Two independent indoor garages, each accessible from different streets.
This is a unique and very exclusive property that stands out for its excellent location near the center of Begur, and for its special characteristics and personality. It is a house of high standing that features all the facilities and equipment to ensure maximum comfort: radiator heating with oil fired boiler, air conditioning with heat pump, double glazed windows, alarm system and automatic irrigation in the garden. It has its own water well and a spacious outdoor parking for 3 or 4 vehicles.
There is a possibility to expand housing in the outdoor parking area.