Superb Catalan stone house perfectly preserved, located on a plot of 15,000 m2 in a quiet place around Mont-Ras, very close to the same village and to the city of Palafrugell, only 10 minutes by car from some of the most beautiful beaches of the Costa Brava as Calella, Llafranc or Tamariu.
In addition to the spectacular Catalan Mas, the property has several additional buildings: a small Mas used as a caretaker's house, a two-storey annex that could be converted into a guest house; a pergola / pool-house near the swimming pool; garden machinery shed and a chicken house.
All this, located in a place of extraordinary beauty, on a practically flat land with pleasant view over the woods and fields that surround the property.
The Mas features a vast and well maintained garden, with lawns, large trees and consolidated vegetation. In the center of the garden there is a beautiful swimming area with an 8 x 4 m pool, sun loungers and covered porch with space for sofas and a dining table.
This is a very exclusive property, ideal for those who are looking for a typical Catalan stone country house that retains all its original features, and at the same time, enjoy the privilege of being very close to the beaches and entertainment venues of the Costa Brava.
The property has 723 m2 of built surface, of which 607 m2 corresponds to the the main building, where both the Main House and the Small House are located. Both houses retain all the characteristics of the old rural houses such as stone walls, vaulted ceilings or with exposed beams, tuff floors, plaster walls with exposed stone details, etc.
Main House (410 m2 of living surface + 66 m2 of porch) is spread over three floors as follows:
On the ground floor, we find:
- Large entrance hall with a spectacular vaulted ceiling and access stairs to the first floor.
- Living room with a majestic stone arch, fireplace and large windows that give way to a magnificent exterior porch of 66 m2 with exposed beam ceiling and tiled roof. The L-shaped porch extends along the main facade of the house and to one side. Ther we find a large dining area with a barbecue and a pleasant rest area with sofas.
- Dining room with "Catalan vaults" ceiling, table for 8 guests and magnificent stone fireplace.
- Generously sized kitchen in two rooms, both with vaulted ceilings, large pantry and laundry area.
- Bathroom with shower
- Access area to the small house
On the first floor, we find:
- Large distribution room converted into a lounge, with access to all bedrooms and stairs to the second floor
- Parental suite with fireplace, large dressing area and private bathroom with bathtub.
- Double bedroom with built-in cupboards and concrete bench.
- Double bedroom with two concrete platform beds and built-in cupboards.
- Shared bathroom with bathtub
- Hall that leads to two double bedrooms, one with loft, and to a bathroom with tub
The second floor consists of:
- Large room with two areas separated by a spectacular arch. One of them is converted into a pleasant living room with sofas and fireplace. The other is a playground and study area for children. The entire room has a rustic wooden floor, sloping roof with exposed beams and several arched windows facing east, that provide sun and good natural lighting, as well as beautiful panoramic views of the environment.
- Double bedroom with dressing and bathroom
House is equipped heating with oil fied boiler, wooden windows and Catalan tufa floors with a special treatment for a good conservation.
The Small House (110 m2 of living surface + 20 m2 of terraces), used as a house for the caretakers, is attached to the main house and is accessible both from inside the main house and through a door at the back of the building.
This house has two floors and is composed of:
- Entrance hall
- Dining room
- Two double bedrooms
- One bathroom
The property has another building of about 70 m2 on two floors, currently used as a garage and storage room, that could be converted into a guest house.
Additionally there is a shed for garden machinery and equipment, a henhouse and automatic watering system with its own water well.
Palafrugell (city centre): 5 min by car (1.5 km)
Llafranc beach: 11 min (6 km)
Calella Beach: 11 min (5 km)
Begur: 12 min (9 km)
Palamós: 12 min (9 km)
Girona: 45 min (50 km)
Barcelona: 1 h 35 min (125 km)
Border with France: 1 h 15 min (82 km)